Things are starting to come together for the upcoming building project for the library.
Here are the updates:
- On Thursday, March 14, 2019 the Yorktown Public Library Board of Trustees selected Rencon from Pendleton as the contractor for the project. They were the low bidders and came with excellent references.
- We will have an initial construction meeting on April 8, 2019 and I hope to find out when we will officially break ground. We anticipate this ground breaking to take place late April or beginning of May.
- The library will issue bonds on April 4 and close on the bonds on April 24. The project can begin any time after April 24!
- The project will be done in four phases. During the first two phases the library will remain open for business, however, there will be construction going on in the children’s department and on the outside. During phase 3 the library will be closed. This will likely last for 4-6 weeks. Prior to our closing, we will allow patrons to check out as many items as they would like and no fines or due dates will occur during that period. The more you check out the fewer items we have to move!
- Once we reopen in phase 4, the library will be open on the north end of the building including the new addition. We will try to provide you with most of our collection. We will need your support and patience during this time!
As always, we appreciate our community and look forward to a wonderful, “new” library when all is completed. You don’t deserve anything less than the best!
As always, please feel free to stop in, call or email me with questions!